The call for proposals is now open for the third annual NC Bike Summit which will be hosted in Greensboro, North Carolina October 9-12, 2014.
The mission of the NC Bike Summit is to:
- foster collaboration between North Carolina’s various bicycle movements,
efforts, and endeavors;
- educate local government staff, bicycle advocates, and policy leaders;
- promote cycling as a valid form of transportation and as an economic driver; and
- highlight North Carolina’s dedication toward becoming a premier bicycle friendly state.
This year’s theme – Pedal Forward – is meant to inspire presenters to be forward thinking and aspirational.
The Summit will focus on the five pillars of the North Carolina Statewide BiPed Plan:
Presentations will be organized into four tracks:
- Community and University Bike Programs
- Economic Development
- Transportation Planning
Each format will be a one-hour block with time for questions and moving to the next session. Blocks may be combined into longer sessions if requested.
- Breakout Sessions - interactive session with 1-3 presenters
- Panel Discussions - group of 4-6 experts sharing knowledge in brief intervals
- Mobile Workshops - intended for topics best discussed in the field with on-site demonstrations
Submitting a Proposal
Please email PDF proposals to NCBikeSummit@gmail.com by May 15, 2014. Selected proposals will be announced by June 25, 2014. Please include the following information:
- Title of Session
- Session Summary, 250 words max
- Format Preference
- Contact information for each presenter
- Speaker bio for each presenter
Have questions? Need help turning your ideas into a proposal? Want to partner with other presenters? Please email NCBikeSummit@gmail.com and we’ll try to help.